Even the most stylish designer frames can look dated when the lenses have a harsh bifocal line. And switching back and forth between distance glasses and reading glasses is an unnecessary hassle.
Fortunately, progressive lenses correct all vision needs in a single lens, so you can see clearly at every distance: up close, intermediate (computer) and far away.
des verres progressifs
Progressive lenses are designed to have three areas (or zones) of magnifying power that changes gradually within a single lens. Each area corrects a different prescription strength and is organized by distance:
- The top zone corrects distance vision, which comes in handy when driving.
- The middle zone corrects intermediate vision, like when you’re working on a computer.
- The bottom zone corrects near vision, which is used when looking at your phone, reading a menu and doing other similar tasks.
Because you now have multiple magnifying powers in a single lens, progressive lenses can take some time to get accustomed to. But once you adjust to them, you’ll be able to enjoy the convenience of using only one pair of glasses for all your vision needs.shop prescription glasses
Like anything new, adjusting to progressives can be frustrating. But don’t worry, understanding how to use progressive lenses can make it easier to get used to them.
The key is to adjust your head position to focus on something, rather than your eyes. A good rule of thumb is to point your nose toward whatever you are looking at.
For example, tilt your head up slightly to see far away, look straight ahead for mid-range vision and point your nose downward to do near work, like texting.
Here are a few more tips to help you adjust to your progressive lenses:
- Resist the temptation to switch back and forth to your old glasses. This slows down the process of retraining your brain to focus through new lenses.
- Wear your glasses high on your nose and close to your eyes to maximize the range of visibility through each lens.
- Move your head to focus on something, not your eyes. Point your nose directly at what you’d like to see and bring it into focus by moving your chin up or down.
- Practice! Grab a magazine to read while watching TV. Going back and forth between the two is a great way to practice and speed up your transition.
LES VERRES PROGRESSIFS
VOUS SIMPLIFIENT LA VIE
The progressive lens that works best for you will depend on your vision needs. For example, LC HD Enhanced View Progressive lenses give you full lens clarity and expand your prescription out from the optical center to the edges of the lens.
LC HD lenses are a great choice for multifocal lens wearers — especially those with strong prescriptions. They are known for being easy to adjust to and will fit in any frame.
You no longer have to peer over bifocals or switch out between two pairs of glasses. Les verres progressifs vous permettent de voir le monde entier de façon claire, nette et unie. One pair of glasses can do it all.
Simplify your life even more with multifocal contact lenses. Pour en savoir plus. about them and how they work.
Prendre rendez-vous pour un examen de la vue en 3 étapes faciles
Choisir votre emplacement
Ajouter au calendrier
CourrielEnvoyez-nous un courriel
Nous vous répondrons
dans un délai d’un jour ouvrable
Clavardez avec nousClavarder
Obtenez des réponses instantanées
de la part d'un membre de notre équipe du service à la clientèle